Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for Android phones and tablets.
Open Camera Features:
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Expose your camera’s functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch, antibanding.
* Video recording (including HD, taking photos while recording video, time lapse).
* Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
* Configurable volume keys.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT).
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for “screen flash”.
* Support for (some) external microphones.
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
* Support for Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; manual white balance temperature; burst mode; RAW (DNG) files; slow motion video.
* Noise reduction and Dynamic range optimisation modes for better quality photos.
* Focus bracketing mode.
* Support for Mi Band 2 & Amazfit Selfie.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=harman.mark.donation . Thanks!
Note that it’s not possible for me to test Open Camera on every Android device out there, so please test before using Open Camera to photo/video your wedding etc 🙂
App icon by Adam Lapinski ( http://www.yeti-designs.com ).
WHAT'S NEWCamera2 API option is now a "list" selection rather than a toggle switch. This option should be copied over, but just in case, if you had enabled Camera2 API and Camera2 features are no longer available, please check Settings/"Camera API".
Grids were being drawing too faintly.
Updated some icons for newer more consistent material design look.
Minor accessibility improvements.
Moved licences from about to separate preference category.