DeskDock allows you to share your computer’s mouse and keyboard with your Android devices via a USB cable. The app enables you to control your Android device as if it was an additional monitor for your computer. Simply move your computer’s mouse cursor over the screen boundaries to start controlling your Android devices.
• Use your computer’s mouse and keyboard with your Android devices
• Keyboard sharing supports international keyboards (eg Umlauts)
• Share clipboard between computer and Android devices
• Drag and Drop: Urls will be opened automatically, APKs will be installed
• Shortcuts for turning off screen, multitouch, quickly changing volume, screen brightness
• Supports Windows, Linux and macOS
• Works on all Android versions starting from 4.1
• NO rooted device required
• Connect multiple Android devices to one computer
• Flexible arrangement of devices
• Customizable mouse button actions
• Customizable mouse pointer speed
This app can be described as an unofficial successor to ShareKM, or an Android version of Synergy. It could also be described as a Virtual KVM Switch or a Software KVM Switch solution.
The shared clipboard could be considered an Android-equivalent to the universal clipboard between iOS and macOS.
On Android O and beyond, this app uses an Accessibility Service to display a mouse cursor above the System UI. This service is used exclusively for the described purpose and is an integral requirement to provide a consistent user experience for the users of the application, in particular those who suffer from motor impairment.
This app requires a free server application to run on your computer that can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/DeskDockServer. The Java Runtime version 1.7 or later is needed on the computer. Depending on your system, device drivers may have to be installed.
Important: Bugs and problems might cross your way. If something does not work, please do not write bad reviews, but send an email to the support email address listed below or in the app so I actually have a chance to help you or fix the issues. Thanks!
+ Fixed crashes on Android 8.1
+ Finally: Display mouse cursor above System UI on Android O+
+ Added option for setting mouse pointer size
+ Prepared for compliance with the GDPR
+ Bug fixes
+ Fixed bugs introduced with 1.1.5 and 1.1.6. Sorry for the inconvenience!
+ Added support for Android TV
+ Improved support for Android O